Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seasons

When autumn comes, I bloom anew;
The Russian frost does wonders for my health;
Anew I fall in love with life's routine:
Betimes I'm soothed by dreams, betimes by hunger caught;
The blood flows free and easy in my heart,
Abrim with passion; once again, I'm happy, young,
I'm full of life - such is my organism
(Excuse me for this awful prosaism)


И с каждой осенью я расцветаю вновь;
Здоровью моему полезен русской холод;
К привычкам бытия вновь чувствую любовь:
Чредой слетает сон, чредой находит голод;
Легко и радостно играет в сердце кровь,
Желания кипят — я снова счастлив, молод,
Я снова жизни полн — таков мой организм
(Извольте мне простить ненужный прозаизм).

Whom better to quote in the fall than Pushkin? :)

(from the poem "Autumn")

6 comments:

  1. I know this isn't really relevant to this particular post but I wanted to say thank you for your "I'm Here" over at Boundless today. "I'm Here's" are some of my favorite posts to publish and yours was lovely.

    God bless you as you prepare to return to Russia!

    Ashley Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did go to IKEA - and it was crazy and full of people like that store tends to be all over the world - and bought new shelves :) And don't worry about not being "cute enough" in Russia, for we, as foreigners, are often forgiven this lack of... eh, leopard print and stilettos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We took a group of kids from the orphanage to IKEA once for a field trip. They loved it! :) We bought them something for their group and ate in the cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Да, лучше Пушкина никто об осени не писал. Хотя из современных поэтов, воспевающих осень, очень хорош Шевчук.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Да? Надо будет ознакомиться.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...