Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More on apostilles

This is a part of my series on applying for temporary residency in St. Petersburg, Russia.

I'm trying to get my documents organized before I go so my parents can mail some of them out as it gets closer to January.

Here's what I learned today about authenticating birth certificates:

-The Secretary of State actually has a few offices. I don't necessarily have to send the birth certificate to Boston, or Worcester (where I was born). The nearest office is not really close enough to hand-deliver the documents, but there is that option.

-The turn-around time is only about a day or so. At least, that's what I was told. So in general this is one of the easiest documents to get, as long as you have a certified copy of your birth certificate accessible. If you don't have a copy, it will just be an extra step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...