Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Avoiding desensitization

It was too windy for my umbrella, and it took three tries to find an ATM that worked. Sometimes the day starts out like that. I usually ignore the distractions, but today it struck me that in tuning out these nuisances, I was tuning out people as well. My protective measures were TOO protective.

Maybe everyone experiences this in a big, bustling city-I don’t know.

I have to keep asking God to help me lift my eyes up to look in the faces of the “people going by.”

“I see friends shaking hands, saying ‘how do you do…’” (sings Armstrong).

No, it isn't a warm, spring day. But there are still a lot of pleasant moments to appreciate.

2 comments:

  1. V...........................September 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

    Liz, what are you complaining about? If I had money to go and live in St. Pete right now - I would! America sucks when it comes to a social life and perspectives it offers. You have so much to go for you there. I do not understand why you're concentrating on the orphanages only. You have SO many options there. I know, because I lived there. Just relax and find other things to do.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...