Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting the docs

This is part of my series on pursuing temporary residency in St. Petersburg, Russia (look under label "residency").

I haven't gone to get fingerprinted yet, although expat.ru has a really helpful forum thread related specifically to Americans getting a criminal background check. They tell it mostly from the point of view of getting it while in Russia. I am hoping to obtain it while in the States so I don't have to deal with the international postal system. But a lot of the information is still applicable.

In the meantime, I do have one document that I can check off my list...my birth certificate! It's here (a copy), in notarized form.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like adopting. Could you get an INS fingerprint check? It costs a bit, but I know they accept them in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The FBI one doesn't seem that complicated. But I am afraid it may expire, so I'm wondering if I should wait and do it later.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...