Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Gifted Hands" gets my thumbs-up

My parents and I were looking for something decent on tv the other night and caught the end of the Ben Carson story on TNT (which, by the way, is airing again on Thursday, February 12 @ 12:00AM ET ).

It was about to start again from the beginning, so we decided to keep watching. We could tell the movie had some Christian values in it, but we were flabbergasted when our young hero dropped to his knees and begged God to help him with his temper. It has been a long time since I saw an act of repentance on television!

The movie was good, but I decided to investigate a little to see if it was close to life or if it had been sensationalized. I didn't have to do extensive research online, since I quickly ran across a very informative post on a Christian blog. I suggest checking it out. As an added bonus, it turns out that Dr. Carson avidly defends his belief in God as the Creator of the universe, and openly challenges Darwin. This is timely, as many are celebrating "Darwin Day" this week. It is refreshing to hear of a Christian in the science/medical field.

I found that the movie was fairly factual (although it does say "based on a true story," so I'm sure there are differences). I would like to read the autobiography as well, to learn more about Ben Carson's journey of faith.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, Elizabeth! I'm glad you ran across the show on TNT and started investigating. You're right, it is so refreshing to hear from Christians in the fields of science and medicine.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...