Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day at home

Sept.1st is "Knowledge Day" in Russia, along with being the first day of autumn. It's the first day of school and the students all come in their best clothes, and lots of flowers are exchanged.

But since I'm in the U.S. right now, I celebrated Labor Day instead, which happened to fall on Sept. 1st this year.

We had some guests over for tea and fellowship.



The first four guys from the left were all leaders in a youth group called Young Life that my siblings and I all attended while in high school. The guys were mentors and friends to my brother, who is the fifth guy.


With the four visiting families plus my niece, there were 12 kids at our house! First, we spent time outside....






Once we got tired of playing outside, we found indoor entertainment.





I tried to get my niece to sit still while she was eating her banana. She squirmed away about 5 seconds later.






I snuggled with my big sister, too.


1 comment:

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...