Saturday, July 27, 2013

How it went

I might as well continue with wedding month! I've never really written an account of our wedding, and I think I'm going to do that now, 2 years later!

Part 1: In the Bridal "Suite"

The hairdresser came TOO EARLY. I think she was supposed to come at 8 or something, and came at 7 instead. I had planned to have a nice breakfast and suddenly had company. She told me to jump in the shower and get my hair wet...

The whole time I was getting my hair done, I was wondering how I would pay for it! I didn't actually have any rubles on hand and hadn't had time to get to an ATM. I did have some dollars, and a debit card. I picked up my phone, and saw a text from my mom that they were heading over to meet me. But when I tried to write back and ask about cash, I got an error message saying I was out of minutes. GROAN! So much for coordinating. There would also be no wedding morning texts for Andrei, oh well!

I started to get more and more nervous as the stylist got close to being done. I also had no way of knowing whether my mom and the other girls were lost or not.

Finally, I heard some knocking and went to open the outer door to find my mom, sister, sister-in-law, nephew, and aunt all huddled together in the hallway. They'd made it!




A look outside revealed a cloudy/drizzly day, just what I'd ordered! The days leading up to it had been hot and stifling, and I was worried that I (and the wedding guests) would wilt. The cooler temperature was such a relief and I was even willing to get a little wet.

Our friend arrived in his mini-van a bit early to drive us, and pretty soon we were ready, too.

Time to head to the church!


6 comments:

  1. So I'm presuming your mom and/or sisters had rubles! What a silly think to have to associate with your wedding morning - but isn't that just how life is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my mom did. But I think perhaps I was more worried about not having a phone to contact anyone. Still, I don't remember being overly concerned.

      Delete
  2. Hi - My name is Deborah and I've had your site bookmarked for a long time although never commented. My husband, two daughters and I live in Chapel Hill, NC. My daughters were adopted from Russia (Ryazan 1999 and Kaliningrad 2003). I've been so interested to read of your life in Russia - a part of my heart is there and always will be as it is where my daughters' were born. My DH and I are also Christian...our church sponsors an orphanage in Slobodskoy and makes two trips there a year to work with the orphans. We sponsor two children there and I am a part of the Orphanage Care committee. Thank you for sharing your daily life and walk with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents adopted from Russia during that same time period. It's a shame that adoptions are halted now. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. This was a fun post! You are gorgeous. It's hard to believe two years has passed since that day, I bet! Hope your visit home has been refreshing for you all :)

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...