Thursday, November 26, 2009

The fourth Thursday

What? Today is a holiday?

It was a regular working day in Russia. I actually found it a bit amusing when people asked how I was celebrating Thanksgiving, since I didn't get home until 8 pm. But at the same time, it was really nice how everyone was so thoughtful.

-I had lunch with an American friend who's in town for the week
-a Canadian friend (they celebrated in October) offered to take me out for tea so I wouldn't be depressed about missing the holiday
-the orphanage staff wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and presented me with a chocolate bar
-in the evening, my parents called on the home phone for the first time in two years (we usually use other means of communication:) )

So despite being absorbed with myself and my daily life, I still had plenty of reminders.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you...I am thankful I found your blog. I get a lot of pleasure out of the experiences and thoughts you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Liz, I totally identify with you. It was so hard for me to see the pictures of my family celebrating Thanksgiving while I experienced an ever-so-normal day in Korea. It made my heart ache I missed everyone so much! I pray you are able to experience just a measure of the love and thanks that your loved ones are experiencing stateside. You are LOVED! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has NOT been two years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annie and Ruth! :)I am thankful for both of you!

    Mom, I've lived in this apartment for two years already! And you didn't know the number. But maybe you had called another time.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...