Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Early in the morning

Who likes to get up on a cold, dark morning? Not me...although in the summer I would probably find another excuse.

But as I was going about my morning routine, an excerpt popped into my head:

"Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance..." (The Gospel of John, 20:1)

What does morning mean to you? Perhaps it includes a lot of moaning and groaning before you begin your day. But how many wonderful discoveries have been made in the morning! The main one, of course, the discovery of our Risen Lord.

That is my encouragement for the day. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is SOOOO true, Liz. Thanks for sharing this. It is a good reminder not to begrudge early mornings.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder!! I wake up very early to go to work, and am usually grumpy along my drive...I think I'm going to post this verse in my car and make it a memory verse.

    I've been reading your blog every day,as I am very interested in God's work in Russia...thank you for your wisdom, and for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there are many more mornings to come! :) Thanks for your comments. It is encouraging to know that other people feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V........................November 27, 2009 at 5:57 AM

    I love my mornings. I wake up at 7 am on my own, even though I have to be at work at 2 pm. The morning coffee, the shower, the fresh morning air - what is so wrong with all those things?

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...