Monday, March 9, 2009

Schoolwork

I decided to go through orphanage supplies in preparation for visiting them soon. I ran across a lot of old work from our lessons.

The kids aren't normally organized enough to keep all their work somewhere, yet I hate to throw it away.

We try to glue papers into a notebook, but I'm not always able to carry the notebooks around. So I have piles and piles of artifacts like this:






I was wondering why they all wrote the Russian "I" instead of the English, below. But then I realized that the cursive "I" does look similar, if you're writing fast. They're probably just not used to the English cursive. In general, we focus more on verbal skills anyway, so I'm sure if I asked them, they would answer correctly.




And I am not sure of the meaning of this last writing sample:


Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...