Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Down

I returned to Russia two weeks ago. I think I have been through all the emotions since then.

At first, I was so very low on energy. Then it got a little better and I was so happy to be back that I was willing to go anywhere and do anything. I didn't want to waste any time, and adrenaline kept me going. Now, after two weeks, I feel burned out.

Perhaps it is similar to a new school year beginning. Excitement is heightened by the scent of new books, the eagerness to tackle new assignments, the expectation that this year will be The Year for success. Memories of previous trials do not hinder because they have been mysteriously clouded. But that all changes...

How quickly we become bored with life. We wait and wait for something and then after receiving it, are no longer interested.

I want to learn how to better cherish each day.

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...