Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ummm...what? What people are talking about in Russia.

Today I was riding to a lesson and saw by the side of the road a billboard with the national colors and a slogan reading, "Putin's plan-Victory for Russia." My first thought was, "What (or whom) is Russia planning to conquer ?" It left me in a state of confusion. Did I miss something? A few people have blogged about it already. I didn't have my camera with me, so here's a photo on someone's blog:

http://drugoi.livejournal.com/2321950.html


"Putin's plan" is a political term referring to some projects planned by his party. But used in the context of "victory," it just sounds a little frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...