Today I was riding in the mashrutka and we stopped to pick up two women traveling together. When they were seated, one of them noticed a purse that had been forgotten there earlier in the day. She immediately called the phone number that she found in the documents, and arranged to meet with the owner later to return the purse. The driver was helping too. I was encouraged by what seemed like an act of kindness.
I write about public transportation a lot here. It seems to be where many Russian adventures take place. I will wait for the next one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Voices
In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...
-
Near our house... Landscaping project "Primorskiy Square"... 26 April 2014 "in honor of the annexation of Crimea....
-
I was very amused that my automatic Russian-English dictionary correctly translated the title of this post when my mouse hovered over it. Th...
-
When I was in the TESOL program, I had to teach a lesson on the “Unreal Conditional.” My trainers suggested using the phrase “If I had a mil...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!
You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.
Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).