Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A rough summer

I have been rereading an old prayer journal. The summer I was 19 was a challenging one.

7-02-01

"Oh, I am so sick. Help!"

7/4/01

"I'm well, thank you Lord. But I am still getting my strength back. I need help with that."

7-18-01

"I seem to be caught in a cycle. I can't find a verse about that, so I'll look at some verses about freedom since that is what I hope to gain with Your help.

O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains. -Ps.116:16

In my anguish I called to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free. -Ps.118:5

...I give this day to you now. I'm going to go out and make myself available now, but I don't want to just plunge into it. I want to go into it being in you, prepared to do your work. Be with me. "

7-25-01

"Oh, Lord. I need to talk to you. I'm in one of those low spots..."

(Date unknown)

"Lord, I want to yearn for you with my whole being."

And a quote:

In Alice in Wonderland, Alice comes to a crossroads and doesn't know which road to take. The Cheshire cat asks, "Well, where are you going?" "I don't know," Alice replies. "Well, if you don't know where you're going," the cat wisely answers, "any road will do very nicely."

If our lives are not repeatedly dedicated to the glory of God, then any choice we make is as good-or bad-as the next."
-Haddon Robinson, Decision-Making By the Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...