Friday, March 16, 2007

More to the story

I left out one part of yesterday's story. Perhaps the most important. The American family had sent a letter with the care package to the young boy, and the children clustered around, beginning to read it. They translated the basic conversational content and then handed it to me to read the rest.

A hush fell over the room as I read the next part (paraphrased here): "Be a good boy, and depend on God. He loves you. We are praying for you."

These are good children, but I would not describe them as quiet. Yet they fell silent as they heard words about God. They wanted to listen. They were hungry.

I didn't preach. But I delivered some Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...