Sunday, September 18, 2016

2 kids and blogging

2016 has been quite the journey so far! I'm sure I've said it before, but I think some more journaling and blogging in my life would be beneficial.

We left for the U.S. shortly after my previous post, and only just returned to St. Petersburg. For some reason I don't end up doing a lot of blogging in the U.S. This is not for lack of news or cultural observations, but probably because I just don't get a lot of computer time and often go to bed around the same time as David, who turned 4 while we were away.

It seems anti-climatic, though, to sum up the whole summer in a few paragraphs. So I will have to go back and do some reflecting on some of those experiences.

For example, Sophia's birth story, perhaps? It was quite a positive experience in the end, so I certainly don't mind sharing, if she'll let me. ;)

And that is as much as comes to mind for an introductory post. Onward to more about the summer and everyday life.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Look forward to reading your more regular writings again...they might help inspire me to be more regular ;) We're moving next week and right now I'm fighting a cold and looking warily around at the mess and everything that needs to be packed! And I keep having the sense of "I need to slow down and process this/record this for memory" but somehow there never seems to be a free moment where I'm awake enough and diligent enough to do so! Life! Anyway, I would love to read about Sophia's delivery, I do enjoy birth stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much easier when it's regular! It used to come so naturally. Now I have to debate what is post-worthy when it happens rarely. But it sounds like you are pretty busy. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really missed you! I agree that regular blogging is SO much easier - it is similar to writing to a friend. I get a nice letter from someone and want to respond IMMEDIATELY, but that seems pertinent and demanding, so I wait.....and the initial enthusiasm peters out and then I can't think of a thing to say.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...