Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snowy Day

As you can see, we haven't gotten very much snow this year (yet). But it's been quite cold for the past few weeks.


This is the actual view from our kitchen window. The sign is neon at night, so if I wander into the kitchen after dark, I get to see a huge sign and pictures of giant food staring at me. Also, our entrance is technically in the courtyard, so I have to go all the way around the building to get to the grocery store. I've thought more than once about installing a slide or rope swing.

Meanwhile, if you look closely, you can see a guy selling balloons on the far left. At one point I looked out and he didn't even have gloves on. It's 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside!

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty much how Maine looks at the moment, very cold and gray! I think it's about 15 degrees here today, too, and with little snow on the ground. What a strange winter it's been for everyone this year! I can't imagine not wearing gloves in this kind of weather ayiyiyi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, seems like that might have been the final cold spell, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The balloons! The bare hands! Makes me hurt to think of it. I wonder if the cold makes blowing up the balloons harder. I wonder if they pop when they are taken in where it is warm. Or, if whatever gas is in them works differently than regular air.

    Seems like you need a different sort of "counter" on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I love it! Brings back memories of busy Moscow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today on FB I found out that I have a friend in common with someone who was with you in Moscow. Funny.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...