Actually, that's misleading. Estonia still counts as the former USSR! But it is definitely a different world.
On Saturday, we met in a little neighborhood outside of Tallinn for a retreat with our ministry partners serving in Montenegro and Belarus. We all stayed in a little house, sharing meals and fellowship together.
Then it was back to "real" life. We were sad to say goodbye, but happy to get back to our respective "homes." I have to admit, it was a relief to get back to St. Petersburg after sleepy Estonia. And the bright evening sunshine was a nice welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Voices
In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...
-
Near our house... Landscaping project "Primorskiy Square"... 26 April 2014 "in honor of the annexation of Crimea....
-
When I was in the TESOL program, I had to teach a lesson on the “Unreal Conditional.” My trainers suggested using the phrase “If I had a mil...
-
My children are 7 1/2 and 3 1/2 and have lived in Russia all their lives on guest visas! They were born in the U.S. and only have U.S. cit...

I'd love for you to describe sometime how you created/fell into/inherited the rich and wide-spread Christian community that you have.
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting question! It is very much a process. Sometimes intentional, sometimes accidental, but always for a reason. Maybe I will write about it sometime.
ReplyDelete