Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back in Mother Russia

For those of you waiting for Africa details, here's a teaser while I'm recovering from various travel ailments. This little guy was part of the bride price that my brother had to deliver to the family.



A couple people have already posted some nice descriptions of the wedding(s), so I encourage you to visit their sites.

http://melandjel.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=1

http://weblog.xanga.com/McArtsy/660130315/congo-wedding-1.html


2 comments:

  1. That was a true JOY! Thank you for sharing the other descriptions and photos of the wedding. What a rich experience! Your brother is so handsome! And YOU looked exquisite in your African-fabric dress. I agree with your poor sister that hers was less complimentary (if I'd been there, I'd have been in her position - I can just FEEL it).

    Thank you so much for including your blog friends in this joyful occasion - your new sister in law is lovely and it sounds like she has a wonderful family. Do you have any description of your "past" - family, upbringing, etc. on your blog somewhere? I am so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the blog to write about life in Russia, so it starts up with me already living here. But, maybe I'll write about some background info later on.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...