Friday, June 13, 2008

What day is it?

I was just getting into a regime after Africa when the Russian officials decided to mess with the calendar again.


Last Saturday was a working day because this Thursday (yesterday) is a holiday and they wanted to have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday be a long weekend. So we worked last Saturday instead of this Friday. Got it? Then today I went to a wedding, which was weird because it was on a Friday.


But I have to admit, I'm glad it's only Friday.


In other news, I brought back some African maracas from the artisan shop we visited in Congo, and gave them to my Russian friends.


We tried them out at worship practice.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could worship with you and your friends and the marracas today!

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...