Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Always on time

Recently I was riding to the office in the metro. My cell phone was ringing, but I didn't answer it because it's very noisy in the metro and I didn't have good coverage. But I made a note of who had called, and planned to call her back.

I had to change lines, and as I was on the escalator, I thought,
"Should I call her now?" I decided to wait until I was out of the metro and could hear better.

When I got to my destination, I stepped out of the metro car and thought, "I have to call my friend." Just then, she walked right by me, and I called her name. "I called you," she said. "I know," I said. Neither of us had known that the other would be at that particular metro station. "What did you need?" I asked. "I just needed to talk," she said, tears welling up. We could have talked by phone, but it's much better in person!

The city doesn't seem that big to me after all this time, but I still marvel when I meet a friend unexpectedly. It reminds me that God sees all and orchestrates everything in His timing.

6 comments:

  1. Я, помню, встретил в армии за много сотен километров от дома приятеля моего одноклассника. Мы не были знакомы и нечаянно выяснили, что у нас есть общий друг. Удивительное ощущение!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing to share. That image will stick with me. God does provide in so many little ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to say I like your new photo! (The former one was very pretty, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to tell you - I tagged you. Often these tag things are trivial, but I liked this one. It requires some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom doesn't like that I changed the photo, but I'll leave this one up for a little while.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...