Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday morning

I left later than intended this morning, and when I got to the metro, there were long lines, and I happened to not have any tokens. I thought, what is it about Monday morning that everyone's metro trips have run out?

Then some paramedics shouted "coming through" and walked through carrying a dead body. At least, I think she was dead. I've never seen a dead person up close before, but it looked like what I imagined a dead person to look like. First I saw the legs, which were spotted, and then the face, which was white, with the eyes and mouth open.

When I got to my destination I was walking down the final block and there was a guy passed out on the sidewalk. There was a police car there, but no ambulance. Maybe he was just drunk.

That is how my day began.

3 comments:

  1. Liz,
    I'm just glad that this Monday is over!!!
    Blessings,
    Masha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it odd that you can have such a spate of similar experiences? How dreadful it all seems. What is God saying to you through this, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but my dreams have been horrible lately! :(

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...