Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Worrisome Wednesdays

Today was my first Wednesday without a headache! Hurrah. The last few Wednesdays I have had bad ones and I’m wondering if it had something to do with the Tuesday commute. Last week it took me 3 hours to get home! Yesterday, Mary and I decided to try taking the train instead of the bus, and it was a lot smoother. No traffic jams and plenty of seats! And I only got yelled at once; that was for going to the wrong ticket counter (she yelled at me as she took my money and tore off the ticket; apparently it wasn't such a big problem).

I have another problem with Wednesdays, though: apathy. I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. When I did, I looked in my prayer journal and saw that the one prayer request from last Wednesday was: "motivation."

Hmmm. So what is going on here? Is it a midweek thing or a long-term case of lethargy? I decided to investigate a little further. On several Saturdays in a row I had written "diligence" or "discipline." Then on Sundays and Mondays I often wrote "energy." Apparently, each day of the week has its own trials!

Tomorrow is Thursday. I skipped several Thursdays; apparently I either didn't pray that day or couldn't think of anything to write down.

The conclusion is that I have no conclusion. But despite the ongoing struggles that keep finding their way into my prayer journal, God has answered a lot of specific prayers this week: for my documents (at least on my end), for no more headaches, and for a friend to successfully deliver her baby.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to present your petitions! One word. I like that idea; it is intriguing. I am perhaps far too wordy with God! In fact, maybe that IS a big problem with my prayer. I find myself wandering off and getting distracted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post. Thank goodness for prayer journals. Actually, that goodness for God! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's more a list of items than a journal! I write it down to remind myself but I expand a little more in prayer. :) And normally the more specific ones are the ones I can see answered. Praying for broad changes in my own character unfortunately is harder to monitor.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...