Sunday, October 26, 2008

A sidenote

My posts have been sparser lately not because of a lack of time or material, but because of a lack of purpose.

‘Meaningless! Meaningless!'
says the Teacher.
'Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.' (Eccl.1:2/NIV)

Lately I have started many posts and then refrained from publishing them. They didn’t seem edifying enough: too depressing/cynical or just plain stupid. It seemed like every topic I started writing about was pointless.

I do this with speech, too: if I feel strongly about something, I wait a few days before verbalizing it; make sure it wasn’t just a certain mood. And many times when I return to it, it doesn’t seem worth the time.

This blog is about “Life in St.Petersburg,” but sometimes life is just life. Nothing glamorous to find here.

Blogging is not a vice for me, and I don’t feel a need to quit or fast, but I do stop to reevaluate the content sometimes.

Right now a lot of things are “pending.” I can’t put a check-mark or report about them just yet, but I intend to keep publishing updates here.

Stay tuned…

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could post on your scripture reading for the day if something impressed you. I know what you mean about purpose. sometimes I post and feel blah about the post. I love reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...