Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Tale of Two Passports

I picked up my new passport at the U.S. Consulate. It was painless. I told them that I would prefer not to cancel my old passport, as it contains my Russian visa, and they obliged.

Now that I have that taken care of, I can use the new passport number when I apply for my next visa.

I'm not quite accustomed to the new passport yet. I'm normally wary of new things, and it has a different feel.



They also managed to turn a perfectly decent photo into a monstrosity. I'm a little irked about that.




But I'm thankful.

4 comments:

  1. That's great it came back so fast. Hope you get to see Sacha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that is certainly not the best passport photo, I am sorry. :) But at least you have your new passport and hopefully it will make getting your visa easier. Did they stretch the photo, it barely looks like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh. You know it's bad when people don't even try to pretend. :) I was trying to look serious for the Russians. The funny thing is that I didn't preview before posting, so I didn't know it would look so huge in the blog post. Embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...