Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ways to be rescued

We continue to wait for more clarification about new multi-entry visa limitations and how this will affect foreigners in Russia. I’ve heard rumors about people already getting denied one-year visas, while others say that Americans are exempt.

My feeling is that living here is going to become more complicated, but not impossible. But I'm not worried, because the Lord is with me.

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. -2 Peter 2:4-10

Good news! The Lord knows how to rescue us. :)

And some more good news: If God is for us, who can be against us? -Romans 8:31


Here is Galina, a counselor from one of the local orphanages where I serve. As I may have mentioned in the past, she was unfriendly at the beginning, but over the past year, we’ve become friends.





When I talked about possibly needing a different kind of visa, she immediately tried to think of a solution, and was prepared to contact friends who could help me get the documents I need.

“I need you here,” she said. I am well cared for.

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep praying for you!!! Are you still coming home in December? I really want to spend some time with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...