Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hymns #2

Today I was searching my Bible for the book of "Hezekiah." Sigh. In my defense, I was looking at a table with people in one column and scripture references in another, and I got confused.

Meanwhile, one of the hymns I've been listening to from cyberhymnal.org is "More love to Thee, O Christ." The words were written by Elizabeth Prentiss, the author of the book "Stepping Heavenward."

More Love to Thee, O Christ

More love to Thee, O Christ, more love to Thee!Hear Thou the prayer I make on bended knee.This is my earnest plea: More love, O Christ, to Thee;More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

Once earthly joy I craved, sought peace and rest;Now Thee alone I seek, give what is best.This all my prayer shall be: More love, O Christ to Thee;More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

Let sorrow do its work, come grief or pain;Sweet are Thy messengers, sweet their refrain,When they can sing with me: More love, O Christ, to Thee;More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

Then shall my latest breath whisper Thy praise;This be the parting cry my heart shall raise;This still its prayer shall be: More love, O Christ to Thee;More love to Thee, more love to Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...