The Lord was merciful today. I had a very calm lesson with the 9 yr olds. They still managed to get competitive and call each other "stupid" over a coloring assignment. But it was overall fine. Two of the girls were at their very first English lesson, but I didn't adjust the lesson any other than giving them some extra help and having the more advanced kids go first. I was speaking almost exclusively in English and they settled right in.
When the girls had left, I was talking to Misha (see earlier posts) about their school vacation coming up. I pretended to cry when he said they might not be here for their lesson. He came right over and gave me a hug to cheer me up. So sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Voices
In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...
-
Near our house... Landscaping project "Primorskiy Square"... 26 April 2014 "in honor of the annexation of Crimea....
-
I was very amused that my automatic Russian-English dictionary correctly translated the title of this post when my mouse hovered over it. Th...
-
When I was in the TESOL program, I had to teach a lesson on the “Unreal Conditional.” My trainers suggested using the phrase “If I had a mil...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!
You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.
Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).