Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My favorite kids!


These are kids from one of the children’s homes that I visit. They've changed a lot since a few years ago when I started! Not all of the kids come to English lessons, but we hang out. I try to get them away from the orphanage at least a few times a year for field trips. Since they have school right at the orphanage, it can feel pretty isolated!



Compare the photo of the younger kids with that of the older ones. See the difference? The older girls used to be energetic too.










Of the three older girls pictured, Zhenya was adopted by Americans; Masha is still at the orphanage; and Zina (bottom) ran away last summer. I don’t know if she ran away to a specific place or is living on the street somewhere, but please pray for her safety.








I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.(Jn.14:18)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...