Friday, August 30, 2013

New Beginnings (5 a.m. musings)

As I lie in bed unable to sleep, I scroll through the faces of everyone that we saw this summer, to set them in my memory. Sometimes we sleep 3 (2 1/2?) to a bed here at a certain someone's request, and one or more of us may be snoring. We didn't get to see all of them-all of you-this summer. And a few encounters were quite brief, maybe from across a room. But I still think of you.

I know we've been away a long time because I have forgotten where we keep things. I had to scramble around looking for bedding on our first night back. My wardrobe seems to be filled with summer clothes-only, and David's are all too small. I am excited to do some home improvement projects, though I don't know when exactly it will work out. I have a whole new blueprint for the kitchen...in my head. ;)

There are things I want to do with David this year that I couldn't last year, because I was in a different place emotionally and physically. I want to go on walks with him more regularly, explore the world together. I want to teach him that bathtime can be fun. I want to start reading to him more.

Maybe the time has come for me to do some "extracurricular" activities again. But then again, maybe not. There's the question of "can or can't," the question of "want or don't want," and...other questions. Andrei's work situation is a little bit vague, too. Some knowns, some unknowns. Some negative changes, some positive, and others still to come. We are hopeful, always. Though we (I) don't always practice it.

I think I like this year, in general.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear you talking this way! I was a little worried about you - you seemed so down this past year, and not enjoying things quite in the way you used to. But - trust me, I understand! Babies can be really, really hard! I never knew that before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No promises that I won't complain anymore on here though. ;) But he's a good baby.

    ReplyDelete

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...