Friday, April 4, 2008

New Family history, part 1 -The Problem

A reader recently left some comments about the concept behind the potential foster mother whom I featured recently. I don't remember how much I've mentioned New Family on here before, but I thought it was time to do a recap and explain a little bit of the history of the project. I know some aspects of the Russian orphanage system can be confusing.

So I'll try to tell the story from the beginning. Other people who have joined the project at various stages might have a different point of view, but this is mine.

Part One: February, 2006 (I think. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

A problem is raised: There are transitional programs for orphanage graduates, and many younger kids get adopted by foreigners or nationals, but what about the school-aged kids? Many of them are still very impressionable, and if taken out of the orphanage situation, could have a chance to thrive and avoid some of the consequences that orphanage graduates face. But how could we help that come about? Some individuals with a heart for orphans began to meet and pray about possible forms of ministry for school-aged orphans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...