Saturday, January 19, 2008

When it pays to be a packrat, Part 2

I notice that I haven't written a new post for a week. But, it's a wonder I'm posting at all, since I managed to delete some vital system files a few days ago and render my computer useless.

Thankfully, I had the installation discs! Never knew what they were for, never thought I would have to use them, but the situation arose. I popped one of the discs in and within an hour had a functioning computer again (although still-infected).

You might argue that it was a common sense moment, but in the mind of a packrat there is no prioritization of things rarely used (operating systems disc vs. used wrapping paper). Anything that might come in handy is worth saving!*

I dread the next time I have to move.


*Note: I don't regard this as a life principle, but it's the way I think. At times it is a plus, and at times it complicates my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just added word verification to reduce spam. Nothing personal!

You’re welcome to leave a link to your own blog here if it's relevant to this blog.

Please make sure that your comments are 1) relevant and 2) respectful (i.e. no cuss words, attacks on individuals).

Voices

 In the past month, it has been interesting to read the published thoughts of Russian friends as they've gotten their voice back upon es...